Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Is God Your Father?

I am always amazed, sometimes disappointed, when I ask friends how they see God. How do you see God? Is God a judge, a referee, an old man who is angry with you, is HE a friend, King, etc

For me God is My Father -

Have you ever noticed that Jesus referred to Him as "My Father".

- Jn 14:2 In MY FATHER'S House are many mansions....
- Jn 14:6 I am the way, the truth and the life: no one goes to the FATHER but by me.
- Jn 14:7 If you had known me, you would have known MY FATHER
- Mark 14:36 ..."Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee:..."
- Jn 16:23 ...Whatever ye shall ask the Father in my name...
- Matt 6:6 ....shut thy door pray to thy Father
- Matt 5:48 Be perfect therefore as your heavenly Father is perfect
- Matt 6:9 "This then is how you should pray:"Our Father in heaven.."
- Luk 10:22 All things are delivered to me of My Father:..."
- Luk 11:13 ... how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him
- Luk 23:34 Then Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'
- Luk 2:49 ... how is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about My Father's business?

The above are just a few I could mention.

THE ROLE OF A FATHER
My earthly father, Mr F G Nyamayaro passed away in 1999 ( I was only 17yrs of age). When I think of my dad I remember his affection (love) toward me, he believed in me, he was an encourager. I also remember how he wanted me to know everything about the family business, finances, plans, he even introduced me to his other son (my half brother) without my mother's knowledge. My dad started teaching me how to drive when I was in primary school. He was seeing his offspring, he nurtured me, off course rebuked me and taught me. My dad provided for me, I did not know where fees came from and now as I have grown and know that it can be difficult to take care of a family I wonder how he used to do it. He did it all for me and my brother and sisters (4). My image and remembrance of my earthly father is of one who took care of me, taught me, trusted me, nurtured me and above all loved me. Oh yes he rebuked me (In my childhood I only remember my mother beating me up once. He would sit down with us during supper and ask questions, he would tell stories & jokes. One thing I liked about dad when he would come to visit me at school was that he would come loaded. I remember that he liked water melons and inevitably I always received water melons during visits. I loved my dad.

He loved me is what I remember. I remember Jesus saying,'for the Father Himself loves you...' Jn 16:27.

lets look at the following scriptures

1. Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry Abba, Father (the message says - this resureection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tendinglife. Its adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "whats next, Papa")

2. Galatians 4:6-7 and because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out,"Abba, Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

3. Matthew 6:9 This then is how you should pray: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name (the message says With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this Our Father in heaven, reveal who are are.)


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment