Thursday, December 24, 2009

JESUS GREW

LUKE 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgement with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold a greater than Solomon is here.(KJV)

You remember solomon handiti? The man who spoke three thousand proverbs and whose songs numbered a thousand and five. Solomon described plant life, from the cedar of Lebanon to the hyssop that grows out of walls. He also taught about animals and birds, reptiles and fish. Men of all the nations came to listen to Solomon's wisdom, sent by all the kings of the world, who had heard of his wisdom. 1 Kings 4:32-34.

Well a lot can be said about wisdom. Christ has been made unto us Wisdom according to 1 Cor 1:30. I have in me The greater than Solomon.


STATURE
Literally means one's build, natural height when standing, one's physique, one's figure/size
- Stature also refers to capacity to handle, importance, maturity or reputation gained by ability or achievement. I sometimes think about this as branding (thanks to my dear friend Thomas)
- When a board of directors for example is looking for a Chief executive Officer to run the Company one question they ask is this, ' does Mr Nyamayaro have the stature for this position?'. This refers to the second definition not the first. I support Arsenal lightly but I have heard people say, Arsenal stature this season can compete for the title.

I remember this scripture Ephesians 4:13 (Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:) KJV

This scripture explains it all - the stature refered to is not the height but maturity. My prayer is that we be endowed with the necessary grace and giftings to stand in full stature of our assignment. May the Father bestow upon us the necessary substance and worth. May He put in us the ingredients that will cause us to stand tall in our office of assignment. May the Lord Almighty adorn us with that Grace, the clothing of His Glory that our stature will surpass those that oppose His will. May we be clothed with the image of God. I remember long back Reinhard Bonnke saying he had visited a music shop. An assistant, just by seeing Bonnke ran away confessing,'I saw Jesus.' My Prayer Father is that we come to the full stature of our Lord Jesus Christ and thsoe who hear and see us will hear and see the full stature of our Lord Jesus. I am equiped, I am clothed in glory, I am adorned in grace and peace. The fullness of Jesus Christ dwells in me.

Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (KJV)


The last thing in Luke 2:52 is favor. Jesus had favor with God and man.

No comments:

Post a Comment