Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Not Servants but Friends

I have always wondered if the way we have been taught to view our relationship with God is correct. How does the Lord Jesus, address me in this life and how does the Father relate with me. We have had this mind that our Lord looks at us expecting us to be right all the time and hhe judges immediately and is so angry with our failures to the extent that He is so cross with that for being so childish and vulnerable. No wonder why most of us treat God as our number one enemy though we are His sons. Not only on failure even any other issue we have no understanding, we think if we take it to the Lord in prayer we should bring the matter in a way that shoul not scare Him or make Him think that we are carnal

Beloved, I have learnt that it is not so at all. I have learnt that the Lord Jesus first of all calls me His brother/friend remember He is the first born among many brethren meaning you are my brother and He is our brother.Emphatically YES, He is my Lord and King and Master this is His office but in the house He is my brother. My dad has a word I like - an oxymoron meaning a conjunction which is apparently contradictory - such is the nature of our God. He is so Holy and uncompromising yet He is so loving and so gracious. My Lord is both the Lion of Judah yet referred to as the lamb that was slain. He is God yet He is my Father, I choose the Father as God is for all.


Are you a servant?
I refuse to operate as a servant before God because I am a son. Jesus said in John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all that I have heard of my Father I have made known to you.

- I am not a servant
- Servants haveno idea/clue what their lord is doing
- He has called me a friend
- he has made known to me all that the Father has made known to me
- We have an unction from the Holy One and we know all things (1 Jn 2:20)

God's Partners

Mark 16:20
And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen (KJV)

- They went and preached
- the Lord worked with them
- The Lord confirmed the word with signs

2 Cor 6:1
We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (KJV)
As God's partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God's kindness and then ignore it. (NLT)
As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain (NIV)

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. (KJV)
And if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirswith Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him (NASB)


I am glad I am not a servant. I remember when I joined Trust Bank in 2002 one thing that made the staff love the brand was that we were given shares at joining the Bank. All that the Bank was saying was hey you are not a servant but an owner of this Bank. They tried but my Lord had a better plan for me to own the mandate. He say we are co-heirs with Christ, heirs of our God. I love working with my Father it is sweet to work with Him. I know this that He who began a good work in us will see it unto completion. No longer does He call me a servant but a friend. I honor you as my God and my Lord, yet I love you as my Father and my brother. Beautiful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment