Thursday, February 18, 2010

BOOK REVIEW WEEK 1-2

WEEK ONE Book Review 1: Love the way to Victory

Written by Kenneth E. Hagin

Wow this book is life changing indeed. Papa Hagin talks Christianity in a God way indeed, man I am so refreshed, challenged and rebuked even. Love the law of the New Testament. He does not just talk about it; he demonstrates how to live it. I make a commitment to walk in love live in love and be in love always. Papa Hagin addresses issues to do with
1. The love of God is shared abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit and love a fruit of the spirit
2. By walking in love you fulfill the law
3. Be quick to forgive
4. Make walking in love your great quest
5. Discern the body – failure to walk in love breeds sickness and weakness
6. Judge yourself lest you be judged
7. Love your enemies, pray for them

This is a grand book a must read for all believers. The examples are awesome you see yourself in there. Walk in love my boy.

My Rating 10/10. This is a spiritual classic!

WEEK TWO Book Review 2: The Richest man in Babylon

Written by George S. Clarson

Thanks to Kezito Makuni. Apparently when Kezito gave me the book, Gerald came and offered me the same book. I knew then the Lord had ordered the same book for me. I love you Lord, how you order my steps is amazing.

Talk about God’s timing the book touches issues that my wife and I have been discussing concerning issues with a lot of insights.

• We are to keep a part of our income
• Be disciplined on our expenses (control and manage expenses)
• Grow / multiply the part I keep
• Be prudent and evade loss on investment
• Own my own home
• Provide for needs of my growing age and family protection
• Cultivate ME, study be wiser, become more skillful thereby build capacity to earn more

The book deals with issues of luck – which is making use of opportunity and tales on how one comes out of debt pro-rata based calculations and strange appetites that weakens one’s purse also in the book is the importance of long term investments. Finally the glory of Babylon as a recap.

A good book to all those who are starting out in life, dealing with debt and laziness, the book acts well as a guide to long term investment. I agree my steps are ordered, came at the right time as we had started it also sounds like the King James Version I mean the language.

My Rating 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment