Thursday, February 11, 2010

TRANSFORMED BY THE WORD PT 2

Week One

The last time we learnt about transformation where we discovered that the word means growing up to maturity and a change in nature / form. We went through the importance of the Word in renewing our mind thereby grow to maturity – as newborn babes desire the sincere milk of the word that we may grow thereby 1 Pet 2:2.

By the Word

2 Cor 3:18
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
What is the glass/mirror? Looking at verse 14, the veil was on the law and the Old Testament. Paul says that they were blinded and to this day the same veil is untaken in the reading of the OLD TESTAMENT. The veil is taken away in Christ, Praise the Lord. Looking unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith – Hebrews 12:2

I love the Word, we all with open face; revelation, illumination, insight into truth. It is given unto us to understand the things of the Kingdom; Jesus said when His disciples had asked why He speaks in parables. (Matt 13:10-11). To understand more this part the next chapter continues by saying that if the gospel be hid it is hid to the lost and that have been BLINDED by the god of this world. We are not blind we are in the revelation and in the light. As discussed the glass is the mirror which is the Word, Gospel or the Truth. The more we look into the mirror/the Word, we are being changed (metamorphosed/transformed) into the same image from glory to glory. We move from one level of victory to another, one level of joy to another, one level of strength to another, one level of grace to another. I have noticed this in my life that the more I stayed in the Lord the more gloriously my life became. The default rate continues to diminish day by day, the decay or level of entropy in my life continued to reduce. I get better and better each day, more and more effective and become more and more like Jesus.

By the Spirit
Even as by the Spirit of the Lord – He is the teacher remember, He brings the reality of Christ into us. The Spirit of the Lord carries the DNA of our Lord and He is able to translate us to the same image from Glory to Glory. He is the One that broods over us. I remember that in my far away state from the Lord the Spirit of the Lord would just brood over me and He would just like set fire in me. The inspiration of the Spirit revives us so much that it becomes easy to contact God. He communicates with our spirit man.
The nature of God is imparted into us by the Spirit, I have learnt over the years that the LOVE of God has been shared abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit who has been given to us (Rom 5:5). God is love.

1 Cor 2:12
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

His Spirit makes us KNOW. He reveals it, brings the reality of it and makes us acquainted with this new life in Christ. Now we have received, yes we have Him not tomorrow not another day but we have Him now. He is in us right now, He lives in me, He guides me, He enlightens me not a day away, not next month but right now. First John says that we have an unction from the Holy One and we know all things (1 John 2:20) better still verse 27. Jesus, my Lord says that we have a comforter/counselor who teaches us all things. I think of Him (the Holy Spirit) as a helper - Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby). I will maintain our theme as the study of the Comforter can lead us another direction I must say. He the Spirit of truth will guide me into all truth. Just on the side you remember Admire that Paul in Romans says that we know not how to pray.
Rom 8:26
So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

In the Presence of the Lord
Some time ago, I remember this Word in my heart – who have you been with? The Lord asked me this question at one prayer meeting. As I went to look it up in the scriptures how this Word would so much transform me. This was because I had spent a lot of time in prayer and before the Lord. – who have you been with? The Lord asked me this question at one prayer meeting. As I went to look it up in the scriptures how this Word would so much transform me. This was because I had spent a lot of time in prayer and before the Lord.

Matt 17:17
17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

Also Mark 9:19 and Luke 9:41

You remember Moses that when he would come from the presence of the Lord

Ex 34:29
29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
He was coming from the presence of the Lord you remember that this is when he had to put a veil on his face. The more time you spend in the Presence of the Lord the more you become like Him. I never understood how Elisha could do what Elijah did and look at Joshua and Moses as well. When I have opportunity I drive around my spiritual dad, Dr Goodwill Shana, the more I did that the more I noticed his personality in me and the more I use his phrases, his jokes and even laugh hey. It is so with God, the more we spend time with Him, the more you laugh like Him, talk like Him, love like Him, be in glory like Him, have His personality more and more.

This is why Jesus asked His disciples, how long shall I be with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment