Saturday, February 27, 2010

TRAIN UP A CHILD

TRAIN A CHILD
Prov 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I have learnt this scripture as a young boy in my early days in the Lord, and I have indeed benefited from this wisdom. We have had issues of habits and addictions sadly these have become so negative in this era and so rampant in these days. In our day we were taught that if we train ourselves in righteousness and holiness even when we leave school we would be able to STAND. I thank God that I never went through certain stuff as a teenager like alcohol, drugs, clubbing and sex I was not wired for such in my childhood. Even now I never struggle with the same things.

From an early age, I was taught the Word of God. (2 Tim 3:15). The word of the Lord has never departed from my mouth even in a lukewarm state of my life never have I forgotten the Lord and His precepts. At an early age I began to substitute movie, comedies etc by feeding on the Word of God. I remember I had joined a video club where I would get messages from Tim Storey, TD Jakes, Benny Hinn, Morris Cerullo, Ayo Aristajafor and others and at that age would feed on these servants of God. I look now and marvel and how I remember the message and how I know the Word and how my spirit reminds me of the word I learnt that way back. I agree with Proverbs that if we train a child in the way he should go he will not depart from it. The opposite is true – those that learnt alcohol, drugs, clubbing and sex at an early age continued in that pathway and never departed save those that encountered the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
o
Train - coach, instruct, tutor, school, a particular skill or type of behavior through regular practice and instruction. The idea of training also is to create a disposition (a person’s inherent qualities of mind and character – an inclination or tendency)

Based on your training we are able to derive your response to given scenarios. A good friend of mine a deacon in our church once said that similar words spoken to two individuals often yield two separate results. This is true indeed, because the way the words are perceived is different in the two individuals. If I say to you, ‘you are blessed indeed’ depending on who you are your response could be. AMEN! Or Is that so? Or I wish I could believe that etc. based on the training you received you accordingly respond. Lawyers tend to legalize all issues, managers want to manage you, accountants want you to account even for where you went for your honey moon and thank God for administrators for everything to them is in systems not teasing but teachers always want to teach you even if you are better skilled in the area. A good example is the fivefold ministry where the Apostle has a message, the prophet has the will of God, the evangelist thinks of souls only, the pastor loves everyone and the teacher pays attention to the little and this is because of their orientation as well. My Senior Pastors are very prophetic and the same thread is evident in all of us their sons because we have been trained that way.

Heb 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The author (believed to be Paul) of Hebrews was complaining about the lack of growth and maturity of this church. He says by now they should have been teachers and yet they still need to be taught (trained)

No comments:

Post a Comment